Friday, December 24, 2010

My Walmart Story

Gerard of American Digest has the tale of how he visited New England last winter, and was shocked to discover that at Wal-Mart, you can buy a good winter coat for $7. Something you can't do in Seattle, because the local hippies have banned Wal-Marts.

On my end, Wal-Mart saved me a few years back, when I had to drive 5 hours to attend a funeral, and realized around hour 4 that I did NOT remember to pack dress shoes to go with my suit o' mourning.

So I pulled off a more-or-less random exit, on the assumption that most small-ish towns in northern Wisconsin have a Wal-Mart on the outskirts of town, somewhere on the main drag.

I was right. Wal-Mart was there, and I had a pair of suitable shoes for $25 within 15 minutes of hitting the exit ramp.

God bless capitalism.

God bless Wal-Mart.

4 comments:

  1. Great info. Lucky me I recently found your site by
    chance (stumbleupon). I've saved as a favorite for later!

    My website ... provillus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right here is the perfect site for anybody who wishes to understand this topic.

    You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not
    that I really would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject that
    has been discussed for decades. Great stuff, just wonderful!


    My weblog :: sexual performance (https://easterhegg.ch/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but
    your blogs really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back down the road. Cheers

    Here is my blog: Virility Ex

    ReplyDelete