Thursday, February 3, 2011

Super Bowl

For the first time in 13 years, I'll actually care about this game (other than really, really wanting to see the Giants deprive Brady of his perfect season back in '08 out of pure spite.)

It was just so WEIRD, though.

Here's the timeline of my reactions:

12-5: Huh... we're not going to have a losing record this year.

12-26: Huh... we're going to have a winning record this year.

1-2: Huh... we're going to be in the playoffs.

1-9: Huh... we're going to the Divisional round.

1-16: Huh... we're going to the Conference Championship.

1-23: Huh... we're going to the SuperBowl.

Honestly, considering how many star players went out this season, I wouldn't have been too terribly disappointed if ANY of those days had gone the other way. Just a little sad.

And even now it's still feels like some kinda hazy dream, all fuzzy around the edges.

But since I'm not the type to indulge in gift-horse dentistry, I'm taking the Packers minus the 2.5 points.

FUN TRIVIA: Packers largest margin of defeat this year: 4 points

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way when the Colts went to the Super Bowl.
    I was more excited when they won the game that got them to the Super Bowl than when they actually won the Super Bowl.
    It was so anti-climatic.
    I haven't watched a game since.

    ReplyDelete