Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Guess It's Not Just Me

Ok, I knew the MSM was ignoring the death threats against Scott Walker. I just shrugged & figured, "eh... liberal media".

Then someone with liberal street cred noticed there was a problem with the lack of coverage and said, "there's a problem with this lack of coverage".

As I was reading the main body of the article, I wondered... how ARE the uberliberals going to react?

Yeah... I read the comments and there were two angles for denial.

1) It was a fake death threat from a Republican

2) Walker deserved it

Neither of which makes me any more sympathetic to the public union position or makes me believe that these beasts still retain any shred of humanity.

5 comments:

  1. Spot on, Harvey. Spot on.

    The comments made me a little sad, though. We have become so divided as a people that I doubt our Republic can survive more than a generation or 2 longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think our current political party structure is going to be around much longer. The Libertarian party has been growing by leaps and bounds, and taking members from both Democrats and Republicans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to say it Andrew, as I consider myself a libertarian, but as long as the L. party wants to abolish borders, they aren't going to get the support of many people, including me. Seems like they don't understand that our system of government only works because the people here have a vested interest in it continuing to work. Open the borders and we lose that, once anyone can come here for any reason.

    A political system only works so long as the people get to control that system. An uncontrolled flood of those who don't believe in our system and wish to destroy it would end what we have in mere generations, if not sooner. Once the floodgates are opened, those people will vote to destroy our system as they do not necessarily believe what we do. It just won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on that point. Though I would point at that there are L. in favor of making sure that the people coming here have a vested interest in seeing our system work.

    The L. party is still in it's infancy and I think flexible enough to change. Part of the problem now is it's too diverse and as Harvey pointed out, long winded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like some of the Parties ideas, that said borders is one of the issues from calling myself one. Also frankly the inability to put forward a candidate who is not a absolute loon is another reason I avoid it. In Missouri I've yet to see a Libertarian who wasn't little more than either a Anarchist or a devout communist with a different title under their name quite frankly. They just hope people don't pay attention come voting time.

    ReplyDelete