Friday, March 11, 2011

Just Shut Up and Write

Stephen King said:
"And you know what, as a rich person I pay 28% tax. What I want to ask you is why am I not paying fifty? Why isn’t anybody in my bracket paying fifty?"

Full disclosure, I've read almost everything Stephen King's ever written, so I say this with the deepest love.

Stephen, you are free to send another 22% of your income to the government in the form of a check as a non-deductible donation, if you want. Your income tax is a minimum, not a maximum. Go ahead and pay more of your own free will, then brag about what a loyal citizen you are.

Honestly, mandatory taxation is NOT your only viable course of action. Please don't suggest it be forced on people unless you're willing to cover their tabs, too.

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh!! Good idea! I'm forwarding my 1040 for SK to cut a check!

    ReplyDelete