Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Small Disturbance in the Force

Checking my refers again, and someone translated my blog into Russian.



Makes me feel very Kirk-in-Star-Trek-6, because up until about 1991, it was my sworn duty to make sure that every Russian on the planet died a fiery nuclear death. Which seemed reasonable at the time, since I know good and well that they had at least one nuclear warhead trained on the USS Enterprise the whole time I served aboard her.

But the Cold War's long over, we won, and now they're hitting me with search engines instead of radioactive explosive devices.

Funny old world, ain't it?

And I mean that in a good way.

4 comments:

  1. It is a funny world.

    My old bubblehead gasps each time a movie gives away some secret or other about subs that he swore to keep til death. HE can't speak of those things still... even though Hollywood can... ;)

    It's very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an old Vulcan proverb, Only Harvey could go to Russia
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny like a clown..I amuse you..I make you laugh..I'm here to fuckin amuse you...what do you mean funny...funny how
    (Goodfellas)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very glad I came across this blog. I'd love to write a witty line but I'll leave that up to you! I love your writing, even if I don't always agree with it. You sure know how to make a point and make it quick.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete