Saturday, April 2, 2011

Geez, Lady, Can Ya Tone Down the Smug Condescension Just a Pinch?

It's like Michelle Obama speaks for the sole purpose of irritating me.
"They were active and growing, with a healthy sense of themselves, which Barack and I have always encouraged," she writes. "But our doctor told me that their BMIs were creeping upwards. Now to be honest, I didn't really know what BMI was. And I certainly didn't know that even a small increase in BMI can have serious consequences for a child's health."

This is a carefully crafted and scripted lie.

She knows what BMI is. She's feigning ignorance as a gesture to the ignorant, saying "see? All this crazy doctor talk is confusing! And I'm just like you!"

This is nearly as insulting as Barack's lie about his daughter asking if he plugged the hole yet. Another fake "awwwww" moment.

There's "artful presentation", and there's "disingenuously patronizing". I'm going with the latter on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment