Sunday, May 1, 2011

I Disgust Myself - UPDATED 5-2-11

Osama bin Laden is dead.

Yet I find myself taking no joy in this fact, because I can't stand the thought that Obama will get credit for it.

And the fact that I am so jaded and cynical and petty makes me very sad.

I guess the problem is that, considering what he's done to the country I love for the last 2 years, and considering that Bin Laden has LONG been marginalized to being just a figurehead who did nothing but put out an occasional audio tape, I just have to say...

It wasn't worth it.

If I could have my country's freedom back and a real leader who unashamedly loved America in the White House, I'd gladly let Osama die of old age in a feather bed surrounded by people who loved him.

UPDATE 5-2-11:

Feeling a little better now.

I remember back in 2003, watching some news show talking about how Arabs all over the Middle East were so utterly stunned and broken, stumbling about in shocked disbelief at the idea that the proud and fabled city of Baghdad could ever fall under the weaponry of the West - let alone so quickly. They were deflated, mortified, and sick with the misery of ignoble defeat.

After listening to my boss talk about the topic for 3 hours, I came to realize that it's happening again. The myth and the legend of the wily, elusive Osama bin Laden - the man who thumbed his nose at the West with impunity for a decade - well, he turned out not to be bulletproof. The Americans shot the filthy degenerate in the face and fed his fetid corpse to the sharks.

And once again, there is the sweet, sweet sound of Muslim terrorists weeping in despair.

I bless the German language for their gift to us of the word schadenfreude.

11 comments:

  1. If I could have my country's freedom back and a real leader who unashamedly loved America in the White House, I'd gladly let Osama die of old age in a feather bed surrounded by people who loved him.

    Since we don't get to make that choice, I'll take Bin Laden with a bullet in his head vs Bin Laden without. Maybe it's simply I'm from Texas and in these parts the idea that someone needs killing carries a lot of weight.

    For my part I'm having a good night. I'll worry about the parts I don't like some other night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad the goat raper is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, my first thought when I saw it this morning was 'YAAAAAAAAA' and the second was 'Why did it happen with Obama in office?'... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... good riddance......

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm simply amazed that Obama had the balls to greenlight the mission.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Patti said.

    I just, rather ungenteely, hope that the sailors who prepared his carcass deposited a sausage of some porcine variety into an appropriate cavity before dispatching him into the briny depths.

    Obama, as gunslinging cowboy, comes off more like Brokeback than The Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say it's a little funny watching you conservatives whine about Obama getting the credit rather than your boy George. Better luck next time. JCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so there is now ONE time when Obama has actually elevated his presidency to the level of competence.

    Enjoy the moment while it's here, because soon enough the headlines will be back focusing on his D- performance on the economy and the budget.

    You know... the issues people will actually be voting on next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From time to time I think Obama might lose in 2012 because of the difficulties of the challenges he is facing. Then I look at the current Republican field. And I laugh, and laugh... JCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto, except I cry, and cry...

    ReplyDelete