Saturday, August 6, 2011

Every Browser Should Open With This Warning

From Regretsy:
"an internet community you feel at home in – even a community you create – is not your safe place. It’s the internet."
Look, I've always been blessed by the fact that only people who ever read my blog were people who agreed with me, or were at least adult and polite about their disagreement.

But I've been in some of the seedier corners of the internet. I know what people are capable of, and I've always been mentally prepared to deal with them if they come slithering over. I realize and accept the fact that I'm living in a house with unshuttable doors & windows.

Which also makes me one of those unsympathetic cads who laughs at the word "cyberbully".

Sorry, there, "sensitive" people, you've got 3 options:

1) toughen up

2) password protect

3) get off the internet

4 comments:

  1. Exactly right. I've always been amazed by people who strive to become well known on the net and yet have extremely thin skins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put the warning label on the power chord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way I can be hurt on the computer is if I pee on the power cord.

    ReplyDelete