Monday, August 29, 2011

Quote of the Day

From Steyn by way of Cold Fury:
They'd "do anything to get more money." Anything, that is, except get up in the morning, put on a clean shirt, and go off to do a day's work.

Which reminds me of something I told my nephew once. That businesses will do anything to make a profit, and for the very vast majority of commercial enterprises, that "anything" consists of making a thousand promises a day to customers, employees, suppliers, and delivery people, and keeping every single last one of them, or apologizing and making up for the ones they break due to human error or human stupidity.

Having worked in customer service (and in a way, don't we all?), I know I spent my day making promises and keeping them. That's how profitable, successful companies stay that way, year after year.

The ones that don't - go bankrupt.

Yeah, those capitalists are a ruthless bunch.

When was the last time your government kept a promise to you? When was the last time they apologized for breaking a promise?

Exit question: would you shop at a store that bait-and-switched as much as this administration?

No comments:

Post a Comment