Friday, December 9, 2011

Not Wishing You a Happy Hanukkah

Look, I'm not Jewish, and I grew up in a small town in Wisconsin, so I never even met any Jews while I was growing up.

But here's the deal.

If I were to celebrate Hanukkah for some reason, I'd do it right. By doing it on the right days, lighting the candles the right way, saying the magic Hanukkah words, eating magic Hanukkah food (which is, I assume, what Jews do for 8 days - honestly, I don't know any more about this holiday than non-SWPL white people know about Kwanzaa).

I would NOT celebrate it 2 weeks early and light all the candles at once.

Apparently President Obama doesn't have as much of a problem with being an irreverant, charmless clod.

So I think I'm leaning towards Doug Urbanski's explanation:
"Obama celebrated Hanukkah at the White House two weeks early. Is this his way of winking at his Islamofascist friends, saying 'I hate Israel with you'?"

2 comments:

  1. I've been considering giving Hanukkah a try; the Jews really have some pretty awesome holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd lean along toward Doug Urbanski's explanation with you were it not for the objectionable "Islamofascist" term. Islam is plainly and simply nothing more or less than a political hate cult designed by a mass murdering con man, brigand, thief, slaver, rapist and pedophile to pass as a religion. Anyone who actually reads a good translation of the Koran knows this, unless they're well-schooled in lying to themselves.

    "Islamofascists" slanders the evil of fascism.

    ReplyDelete