Monday, January 30, 2012

Cigarettes for Asthmatics

Richmond of One for the Road mentioned this to me the other night, and I found myself puzzled by the notion, since I'd fancied myself quite familiar with the dubious history of cigarettes, doctors, and advertising in America.

But I'd never heard of cigarettes for asthmatics.

Apparently I'd missed this:

"Dr. Whetzel’s Cigarettes for Asthmatics"



Offhand, I'm guessing the side-effects were probably no worse than epinephrine, albuterol, or whatever that crazy white powder in Advair is.

4 comments:

  1. There may be something to this, paradoxically enough. My mom had childhood asthma, and didn't think anything of it until quitting smoking after 30 years, suddenly the asthma flaired up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does say "contains no tobacco", but still, any smoke has to be bad for asthmatics, right? Anyway, I've seen some stranger vintage advertisements, especially smoking ads, but this is not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Now there is a big risk that north of 80 per cent of e-cigarette companies will not be able to afford the process they are talking about introducing. We'll be OK, but it could cost up to £1 million to get a licence, to provide them with the information. eGo electronic cigarette store

    ReplyDelete
  4. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work. best electronic cigarette

    ReplyDelete