Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hi, My Name Is Harvey, and I'm an Addict

Internet addict, that is.

Apparently, it's not that uncommon. Or leastwise it's right up there with left-handedness, statistically speaking.

But, yeah, back at my worst, I was posting at 6 different blogs. Not to mention that since 2003, I've got over 10,000 blog posts under my belt. Got yelled at at work for "being on the internet too much" a few times.

Of course, my addiction GOT me a couple jobs, too, so I guess one man's vice is another man's career move.

In fact, most obsessions are marketable. I mean, how much film you think Spielberg shot as "a hobby" before he cashed his first paycheck?

Anyway, it's under control(-ish) now, as I mostly only post 5x a week.

Still, I freely admit to having both a desktop and laptop running (connected to the internet and set to my Gmail page) 24 hours a day.

And with rationalizations like that, I guess I'm not even at step one.

3 comments:

  1. Great. One more thing my wife can nag me about with scientific backing. Calling what i enjoy an Addicition doesn't make me want to give it up or even offer any evidence that I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least this addiction is legal. Or, at least, not unlawful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello bro, I'm sure there is a 12 step program in your future. Now practice this line over and over, "My name is Harvey, and I'm a blog-a-holic"

    ReplyDelete