Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Guilty Pleasure

I was in high school in the 80's, so that's supposed to be "my music," but I had no interest in the pop-music landscape of the era. I thought everything Madonna did was tedious, at best.

Being an angsty, bitter, nobody-understands-me teenager, though, I did enjoy some of the big-hair heavy metal stuff that came out. However, I did not approve of AC/DC's choice to replace dead lead singer Bon Scott with the gravelly-voiced Brian Johnson (although I've since come to terms with it). And I especially hated "You Shook Me All Night Long" - it was overplayed, and the guitar work was really sub-par.

Nevertheless, through the magic, I suppose, of nostalgia's beer-goggles, I found myself enjoying Rock Sugar's "Shook Me Like a Prayer" mashup.


[YouTube direct link] (Viewer #235,308)

Don't know what to say, other than the production values are high, and these guy really seem to know what they're doing, musically speaking.

Ace of Spades HQ has some more of Rock Sugar's gems.

4 comments:

  1. FCC friendly...why WASP was never heard on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing kills good music like hearing it over and over again every ten minutes. Of course, in the 80's, there never was much good music to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only cover band I might pay to see live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... like... that cracked me up. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete