Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Boggled By Idiom

Once again, Barack Obama proves he has not yet mastered the English language or its idioms.

During a speech in Washington, he bragged about how he helped sell 230 Boeing aircraft to Indonesia.

Weirdly, he throws in this comment:
"I tease Jay every time I see him, I say 'I deserve a gold watch because I'm selling your stuff all the time.'"

Um, Barack... traditionally in America, a gold watch is a parting gift for retirees with decades of loyal service, not a contest prize for the front-line sales force.

Do I even need to ask "what if Bush had said this?"

See Also:

Obama doesn't know the Bible or the Constitution

Obama doesn't know American history.

3 comments:

  1. Well he is already getting a cash bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone PLEASE give that ass hat a gold watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be happy to give The Zero a gold watch if he'd just go away.

    ReplyDelete