Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Review

If anyone watched the Oscars last night - and I don't know why you would unless you were one of the very lucky folks who were watching the show with me - reporter Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood gives a cruelly-accurate live-blogging of the events.

One of my favorite passages, because these exact thoughts were scratching at the back of my head:
Billy Crystal as Coma Woman! Full-on kiss with George Clooney. ABC just lost every Red State viewer and probably won the GOP presidential race for Rick Santorum. Seriously, Academy, you clearly don’t want families to watch, do you?

Nice touch that shtick with Billy Crystal as Sammy Davis Jr. (I forgot he did that impression.) But Crystal’s plastic surgery is so off-putting. His face looks like it was ironed — and I swear I can still see the scorch smarks.

So, if the Oscars made you pained, itchy, uncomfortable, or bored during certain of its long, long hours, you'll want to read the rest, because Nikki probably felt the same way.

1 comment:

  1. The only reason I watch it at all is because of the fantastic party. :-) If I was home I'd be watching House Hunters or something.... LOL.

    ReplyDelete