Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Feeling Petty

Everyone wants to make fun of this picture because of the shocked-looking white chick.

I'm a little cranky tonight, so I'm going to list what I hate about Obama in this picture:

His tie has a half-windsor knot. Real men use full.

His tie isn't tight to his collar. Wear it right or take it off.

Roll down your sleeves. You look like a rube. I mean, it's not like you're planning on doing any work that might dirty up those soft, pretty little woman-hands.

Belt buckle's crooked. Should be directly above the fly.

Speaking of the fly, who ties your ties? Because it's about 5 inches too long.

8 comments:

  1. Have to agree with every observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you are being petty. Kings are the makers of fashion. They are above such things. Everyone in my office is dressing this way this morning and making fun of the Ludites who aren't keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aesthetics aside, keeping your tie just above your belt buckle helps minimize "zipper-related incidents".

    And pee-stains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, Harvey, maybe The Zero is incontinent and is covering "pee stains" with his tie? Maybe he was just never properly potty trained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harvey,

    How dare you seek to mock our Dear Leader.

    I have reported your name and blog address to DHS. Obviously you are a racist domestic terrorist. My fealty to His Higness has earned me extra favor in His holy eyes, and I have moved one step closer to being fully acquitted of all white guilt and past sins against all African-Americans. Hallelujah!

    I came to your blog via Sad Hill News. I'm digging it. Long Live the Republic, indeed. (I'm envious you have a caricature drawn by Chris Muir. You lucky dog.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. His tie really isn't that much too long; if he was standing up straight and had it tight to his collar it would be barely be too long at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find that many on many of my ties the material is so thick that a full windsor creates a giant seventies style knot so I generally go with a half. Agree with you on all other points, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I've decrankified a little bit and I'll allow that there might be a time and a place for a half-windsor, although I personally dislike it because of it's asymmetrical appearance.

    For Obama in that picture, though? No excuse.

    Skinny tie, and the open front of his shirt collar is plenty wide enough to handle a full.

    ReplyDelete