Monday, April 2, 2012

Total Recall Reboot


[YouTube direct link] (Viewer #353,259)

I actually kinda liked the version Arnie did in 1990.

Now I watch this trailer and think, "oh, look. A darker, grittier reboot of a good movie, now with superfluous CGI and more comic-book physics."

I miss real, physical special effects. I swear that splattering ketchup on "dead" guys who are still breathing breaks the mood less than the 50 tons of sparkly twinkle-pixels that every movie feels obligated to cram in these days.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it might be good. it sure beats a nth remake of freaky friday/big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smell another 30 min movie candidate coming down the pipe(my hobby,I take full length movies and trim out most of the pointless cgi and stuff that Isn't telling or moving the story along If there Is one to start with....don't look at me like that what do you think they do when they air It on tv), I did see enough of the familiar to be Interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as they keep the Mars chick with the triple boobage...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The '90 Arnie movie was almost as good as the Phillip Dick story ("We Can Remember It for You Wholesale") it was based on. Quite an accomplishment. I'll wait until it's available for streaming to see this one. It might be worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete