Saturday, May 26, 2012

What Bob Said

From BYTE:
I have never wanted a Facebook page. I like --- treasure --- the fact that I have lost contact with people I didn't like much in high school, or the first office I worked in, or I met once on a bus thirty years ago. It would frighten me to be suddenly invaded by those people. They are mixed memories, the way God planned them to be. And I am to them. Why drag around the emotional corpses of a lifetime?

If I wanted to talk to the dead, I'd hire a medium.

2 comments:

  1. A while back I was looking at my Sitemeter and seeing quite a few visits from Facebook. So I opened an account to try to figure out who was linking me (and thank them) but I couldn't track them down.

    Next thing you know, I'm getting tons of friend requests from people I haven't thought about in 25 years. I said "yes" to most of them, but I have *never* actually posted anything on my Facebook. It is kinda fun, though, to go there once in a while and just look at all the stupid crap that these people think is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I have no desire to resurrect these people into my life. I go to my class reunions and that's big enough. I refuse to FB, besides, my workplace requested we really... not.

    I few weeks ago I had a ton of hits on my sitemeter from FB. Honestly, it scared the ever living crap out of me. I couldn't figure out who it was, just as your above reader said, and it felt... bad. I almost deleted the post.

    ReplyDelete