Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's Really Hard to Shop for Kitchen Towels

I have some nice blue & white kitchen towels. Love the way they look. Love the way they perform (they absorb water - I've owned towels that only do that as an afterthought). Problem is, they're getting old & stained & frayed.

Found exactly what I was looking for at Amazon.

But *before* I found them I must've looked in half a dozen department stores. And I discovered something. Blue is no longer a kitchen color. If you go shopping for ANYTHING for your kitchen - pots, pans, dishes, placemats, towels, whatever - it only comes in the most grotesque shades of green, yellow, and orange. Very much like the kitchen colors of the 70's, except off by a few shades, which somehow makes it even more stomach-churning to look at.

I blame the Food Network and the slew of preening, money-grubbing "celebrity" chefs they've spawned like so much under-sink mildew.

I hate it, but I also get it. It's how the industry works:


[This Stuff? The Devil Wears Prada]

1 comment: