Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Failing Chicken Anatomy 101

So I bought a whole chicken last week because it was on sale for cheap.

I've never actually bought a whole chicken before, but my dad did it a lot when I was a kid. Cheaper than buying pre-cut.

So I watched the cutting process lots of times. Although that was 30-40 years ago.

Turns out I didn't remember it as well as I thought.

Let's just say that, in terms of surgical precision, it made the wood-chipper scene in "Fargo" look like McCoy reconnecting Spock's brain.

Came out pretty tasty, though. Shake n' Bake hides a lot of crimes.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't had Shake n'Bake since I was a little girl. Was it as good as you remembered?

    I made chicken in the crockpot Sunday, but it wasn't ready when we wanted to eat, so someone else made waffles. There's something odd about the combined chicken and waffle scent that was wafting around my house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shake n' Bake is still pretty awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. for future use if needed:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8ZRMAHZyU

    ReplyDelete
  4. JW beat me to it, but I was going to mention that there's this newfangled thing called the interweb or something and they have videos of virtually everything, many of which can be found at something called youtube. Not sure of all the details, but you might want to check with someone who is computer literate. Like JW maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try baking a whole chicken sometime.

    It's one of my unlikely talents: I bake a mean chicken, and they usually come out perfectly.

    As opposed to pretty much everything else I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watching my dad do it, it always seemed so easy to find the joints.

    Must've taken about 10 whacks at that first drumstick before it came off.

    After that, I figured the rest of the chicken would be practically self-explanatory once the limbs were removed.

    *eyeroll*

    Next time... YouTube.

    ReplyDelete