Thursday, January 9, 2014

Just Realized What I Sound Like

Saw this article about a smartphone app that will park your car for you.

My first thought was to complain about lazy kids today, utterly dependent on their phones, and the fact that eventually no one will know how to drive a car anymore, because future cars will drive themselves.

And yet... somehow I've failed to lament the fact that these crazy, newfangled horseless carriages have led to a tragic decline in people's horsemanship skills.

Why, it's gotten to the point where over half of today's youth can't even drive a covered wagon.

*sigh*

If anyone needs me, I'll be on the porch, chasing teenagers off my lawn with a shotgun.

13 comments:

  1. You were Navy. I thought the repel boarders drill was firehoses, not shotguns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in engineering, so we also kept an assortment of oversize wrenches & screwdrivers handy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mostly just wave my cane and shout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter, I've read your blog, and I'm willing to bet your "cane" has two barrels :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For what it's worth, most people in the old days were unproficient at driving wagons too. It was uncommon for wagons to arrive at their destinations without needing major maintenance, recovery or repair in route, and mostly as a result of driver error.

    Good thing we have state licensing and state vehicle inspections now. Roadside accidents never happen today. (/sarc)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I read the title, I figured you'd been listening to your answering machine again :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I already know what I sound like on my answering machine:

    SuperAwesomeSexyGuy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh Huh.

    You certainly have a high opinion of yourself.

    Ummm...It's a little bit freaky/frightening.

    You listen to your own voice...often?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I have a high opinion of myself. I'm a wonderful guy.

    And I listen to many voices. Mostly the ones in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Voices 1, 2, and 3 all agree that there's nothing to be concerned about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome t-shirt:

    Nine of the ten voices in my head say "Pull the trigger"

    ReplyDelete