Tuesday, February 4, 2014

But It's a Dry Cold

It's still below freezing here, and it's likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

So I Googled "happy thoughts", because I hate it when the temperature's below 32.

Found this bit of cheer:
Add up all the little joyful things that happen to you during the day. For example, there was no traffic on the road, you had a very decent and scrumptious breakfast, your friend said something uproariously humorous that made you laugh, you took your dog out for a walk in the park and played with it. All of these matters added together account to one big chunk of happiness.

Feel deeply grateful for the things you have. This is a very effective way to be happy. If you feel grateful for the things you have, you not only become more happy but it also helps you to bring more into your life.

View the glass as half-full instead of half-empty. Your girlfriend/ boyfriend broke up with you? Now you have the chance to meet someone else! You lost your job? Now you can seize the opportunity to find a better one! Adjust your mentality so that, in everything that happens to you, there's some kernel of good.

24 comments:

  1. *looks around for something to dry tears with*

    *shirt*

    I recommend the whole article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrrggh. This has already been quite a day.

    *smile*

    I'm trying out one of their suggestions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda love marshmallows in my cocoa.

    Thank you, Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful with that cup. It's my favorite.

    Don't get weepy-girl mascara on it :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. *drips mascara on Harvey's favorite cup*

    Oops. Maybe you better get me a different one...

    I don't want to ruin you favorite cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh*

    Well, might as well keep using that one.

    No sense in mascaring up another.

    By the way, how do you get mascara off a cup?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine you wash it, silly.

    I wear washable mascara. That's why it runs when I cry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I would know the first thing about mascara... why?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you know. :)

    The best solution would be to stop the tears. Then no more black drips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm... how does one stop tears?

    Little tiny tear-duct corks?

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of life's mysteries.

    Sometimes distraction works.

    Do you have a movie to watch? Play cribbage?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No movies right now.

    This one should be here from Netflix tomorrow:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050307/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen that one. I get all the Hepburn/Tracy movies mixed up, though.

    They're usually pretty fun.

    If I'm still crying tomorrow, can I watch? :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure.

    No, wait...

    *checks closet*

    It's ok. I have more clean shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're kinda sweet.

    Thank you, Harvey.

    Should I bring anything?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, if you're prone to cold feet, bring fuzzy slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This time of year they're on my feet pretty permanently. I have discovered them on my feet at the grocery store a time or two...

    I'm a little bit crazy. Did I warn you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think you've ever mentioned the crazy part.

    Consider me warned.

    Although I don't mind crazy.

    Now cold feet... that's another story :-P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have socks. And furry slippers.

    So they're only marginally chilly :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could break out the spaceheater, too...

    ReplyDelete
  21. By the way, I know from experience after shoveling this morning and venturing out this afternoon and evening:

    It is SO NOT a DRY COLD!!!!!

    Arrgggh. Humidity!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. *starts fireplace*

    http://badexample2.blogspot.com/2014/01/high-of-five-below-today-so.html

    ReplyDelete