Thursday, March 6, 2014

Meatballs 2

Finally got "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2" from Netflix.

It's just as much fun as the first one. Also (bonus) the villain is a thinly-disguised allusion to Steve Jobs (I don't like Apple products, and especially the cult-like way that iPeople worship everything Jobs ever did - it's kinda creepy)

The only caveat is that this film is set immediately after the first movie, and they do only the barest recap to refresh your memory on the characters. This movie is really best watched as double-feature after the original so you can get all the nuances and references.

Which I intend to try some day. Because it was pretty awesome.

19 comments:

  1. I only caught a glimpse of the first one and was unimpressed.

    Someone who knows my taste in movies told me I would absolutely HATE the sequel.

    Now I'm perplexed.

    I do think the book was cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one has a certain manic energy and colorful charm. I didn't think I was going to like it, but it grew on me.

    Anyway, I figured you'd really like the Celebrationator:

    http://youtu.be/grRGE-6_43U?t=12m25s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute :)

    I am currently scheming a way to make my own version...

    Look out. I will probably need to test it on an unsuspecting guinea pig...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I've got a birthday in about 6 months.

    Will it be ready by then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That means you have a half-birthday coming REALLY SOON.

    Prepare yourself :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already half-excited :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean "half-snot", don't you? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which, oddly, is only half of "montgomery"...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Montgomery?

    You have some travel planned?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll give you half of one of these:

    http://www.viralnova.com/cool-lego-uses/

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Monty" is a short nickname of "Montgomery"

    Anyway, you're going to give me half a Lego computer case? That's so sweet! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. No. 1/2 of a whole brick.

    I want to help you with your fractions. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't need help with fractions. I still remember that the numerator goes on top and the denominator goes on the bottom.

    I am the Fraction Master!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *Channeling Sigourney Weaver*

    I am the Piece Keeper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um... we're about to get attacked by a giant marshmallow monster, aren't we...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like marshmallows.

    Got Graham crackers?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I may even have some chocolate...

    ReplyDelete