Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I Always Thought It Came From That Tony Orlando Song

How the Yellow Ribbon Became a National Folk Symbol

Anyway, it seems to be a popular way to signify you're waiting for someone.

I've actually got 4 strips of cloth hanging from the crabapple tree out front, but they're probably just there so I can tell which direction the wind is blowing.

Well the blue ones are, anyway. The white ones got put up for a different reason.

[title reference link]

By the way, can crabapples be used for anything besides tiny driveway speedbumps?

3 comments:

  1. We used to take fresh green sticks off of trees, put the stick the crabappleson the end and see how far we would whip em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any yellow ones?

    I think crab apple trees exist purely for their spring blossoms. They are heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my heart, they're all yellow...

    ReplyDelete